Saturday, May 22, 2010

One Sentence A Day

Today I was reading the paper and came across a article about "how to make your life better". Most of the ideas were complete crap, but one that I thought was good was to keep a journal -- but just to write one sentence a day. That way it is something that takes up no time at all and can be a record of what you found important during that day! What a fun idea! Each day summed up in a sentence!
It actually sounds hard, how would you choose the most important thing each day that you would record?? I guess I'm missing the point a bit. The whole point of the one sentence is that it is an easy thing to do, not something you need to think about.
So today... what would my sentence be? I guess it could be about what I did today, which was work at PINARC doing a youth group - we did craft and made cupcakes. So my sentence could be "Bossed kids and staff around all day and spent time cleaning cupcake mix off bowls without any dishwashing liquid". Not very punchy, is it?
Maybe it could be about what I'm going to do tonight... order Elle's bridesmaid dress over the internet - "Beautiful dress coming my way, unfortunately it's not for me to wear."
Or it could sum up my evening at home "Girl stays home alone on the couch, flanked by poodles while a pig snorts in the background"... hey, I like that one!
Maybe I could just write a long conjoined sentence each day "today I did this and this and this and this and then I did this and then this happened and then I felt this and so I did this and this". I guess that counts as one sentence, right?
Ok, here is my final sentence, which pretty much covers me for today, yesterday and most of the days left of this year...
"WEDDING WEDDING WEDDING I LOVE WEDDING WEDDING I LOVE WEDDING!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment